Does querying the external database by that module follow the transaction control of Mendix microflow or does it independently?

Does the Database Connector extension follow the error-handling logic of microflow? https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/connectors/database-connector/ Hi, developers. I'm wondering if when an error is raised from an activity such as 'Execute query' from the Database connector extension, it will be rolled back following the error handling option. In other words, I'm wondering if querying the external database by that module follows the transaction control of Mendix microflow or does it independently. I will test it from my side; however, I'd like to know the intended behaviour to verify my test result. Thank you.   ----------- testing result ------------   The data was committed even though error has raised at the last Execute statement activity. It seems the Database connector activities doesn't work inside the Mendix controlled transaction as it is executed separated jdbc connection. Actually, I expected a transaction supported distributed db connection would work behind the scene, but it seems not.      
asked
1 answers

The database connection to the external database and the internal application database use 2 separate transactions. If your external database call fails, that transaction should be rollbacked. What happens to the transaction for your local app database depends on the error handling you've defined in the "Execute statement" activity. If you set it to rollback, your local transaction will also be rolled back.

answered