Can generating a large number of custom documents daily in Mendix impact application performance?

Hi everyone.   I am currently busy with a mendix application that will need to generate a large number of custom documents for clients, monthly reports etc. I am currently using the standard mendix document templates to create the document structure and a microflow that generates a pdf using these templates.   - My question is, if there are lets say a 1000 dynamic documents ranging between 1 and 30 pages that needs to be generated each day, will the performance suffer on the mendix application, ie a bottleneck?   - If it is going to cause performance issues, are there any alternative document generating methods that are more efficient?   - Will taskqueue's help in managing the load of the document generation?   - If mendix is running slow, will a stronger server/host machine with more resources help improve document generation? (Not sure if mendix cloud is scalable)   Any advice will be much appreciated.   Thank you.
asked
1 answers

Hi Christof, Mendix can generate documents. I would recommend checking out the new 'Document Generation for Mendix'. This module is superior to PDF's from document templates.

For the performance there is no clear cut answer but:

- Mendix can be scaled up to levels  where major companies have high performing apps running on it

- The TaskQueue is a good way to handle load on the server

- Mendix Cloud is scalable per instance and also over multiple instances

You can also try to schedule generation of documents in times the server is less used by Scheduled Events.

Good Luck,

Peter

answered