How to restrict user interaction with google map custom markers to read-only mode?

I have an issue regarding the map marker functionality.  How to restrict user interaction with map markers to read-only mode. Is there a recommended approach or setting within Mendix to achieve this, effectively preventing users from editing or moving map markers ?  
asked
3 answers

Hi Maryam,  

I just commited some adjustments to your project and included a snapshot of data with one marker I created. The most important changes are:

- You really need a DS nanoflow to retrieve the proper Marker in a single marker view. You were retrieving all locations which doesnt make sense. You want only the current.

- Removed anonymous users

- Added user management

- Updated pages to work with View mode for Location_View role and Edit mode for Location_Edit mode

You can log in with both Viewer and Creater users with LocalHost8082- password or reset to your liking. 

User scenario:

1. Log in as Creator and start creating a location + adding a marker on the map (you need to click the marker icon in the top of the map first to enable the drop of the marker). Save and log out.
  2. Log in as Viewer and open the location with the view button. See the location is where you dropped the marker and see there are no drag/drop controls. Log out again
  3. Log in as Creator and try moving the marker. Do so and save. Log out
  4. Log in as Viewer and see that for the Viewer the marker is also moved but still can't be edited.

This scenario worked for me just now.

answered

Hi Maryam,

I created that widget. Your settings look correct, so setting ‘Draggable in Edit Mode’ to ‘No’. 

Did you try that?

answered

image.png

image.png

image.png

and here is the view page:

image.png

answered