Mendix development with external Oracle database

Hello experts,   We are developing a Mendix application with external Oracle database(using Marketplace module:DatabaseConnector), but I don't know how to start with this, can anyone give me an example for this module?   For trial run, I created 2 tables in Oracle: Users, Computers like below picture And created 2 entities in Mendix with association   I can use Microflow to fetch the data from Oracle, but can't get associate data from users table When I want to click "New" or "Edit" button to create or update record in database, there is no element in the drop down list,   Could anyone guide me what shall I do in this case?      
asked
2 answers

Hi  Jianfeng Wang,

First, there are two ways to connect with an external database.

1. The app setting will change the default data to the external data that we are using; for that, we need to give a localhost URL, database name, username, and password. This is one way of accessing the data from the external data in Mendix.
  2. The other way is to use a database connector module, which helps us write the query to fetch the data from the external databases.

Database connector:

• The executed query is used to write the query to fetch the data from the external database. To get the associated value, we need to use a joint query.
  • If you want to delete the record or create a new record, you need to use a delete and update query to perform these actions. This action is necessary because you are not changing your Mendix default database to an Oracle database; you are trying to fetch the record from external data and store it in the default database of Mendix.
  • So try to use the delete and update query while you are performing the action of editing and deleting records from Mendix.
answered

My current problem is:

image.png

image.png

You can see the Owner for Computer C_01 is Jack, but when I select this record and click edit button,

I can't send data Jack to the control reference selector, the value in edit new page for users is empty.

answered