How to store input field in variable and pull data from external database based on that input?

Hello guys, I'm in a need of some advice about the native app that I'm developing. Body is based on dataview.   First field is filled in automatically by scanning a barcode. Second and third row should pull data from DB and populate based on what is the input in the first field. What is the best way to store that info from "Barcode" so I can use it to gather data from external database via sql query to the OracleDB. Can I store the first field to variable? Also, if everything is inside a dataview, can sql statement be executed? I think the sql connector works only on datagrid/datagrid2. I'm thinking of using this kind of logic from previous project to get the needed info from the external DB. Thank you!
asked
2 answers

Hi Georgi,

So basically you have an Item(Product; Physical Object call it how you want) and  this item has a barcode that you scan. And based on the barcode you can retrieve the productnumber of the item and the product name of the item? 

If this is the use case then you can create a non persistent entity called Item and add three attributes Barcode; Productnumber; Product name,

when you scan a Item you fill create an item object and fill the barcode

this item you pass to your sql flow where you can use the attribute barcode in your sql requests

the response of your sql requests the Product name and product number you can add to your non persistent object

and this object you can pass to a page or another flow with all the information in there.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

answered

Hello Georgi,

I am not sure if i understand your use case right, but I think the best way for you to save your data during different actions is to create a (Non-Persistent) Object with dedicated variables where you store the data (temporary) on.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

answered