Objects deleted from database autocommit

Hi,   There's something I don't fully understand. From my application, randomly an object is being deleted. I'm using Mx version 9.24.16   Here's the error message:   2024-05-14T04:12:50.297337 [APP/PROC/WEB/0]    WARNING - Core: Some autocommitted objects still existed on logout for session 'xxx@xxx.com'.2024-05-14T04:12:50.297356 [APP/PROC/WEB/0]   Autocommitted objects are newly created objects which were not yet committed, but are inserted into the database because an associated object was committed.2024-05-14T04:12:50.297362 [APP/PROC/WEB/0]   Autocommitted objects should explicitly have been committed, please check your model and apply the necessary changes. The autocommitted objects have been deleted from the database to prevent database corruption.Number of autocommitted objects per type which still existed for this session:2024-05-14T04:12:50.297375 [APP/PROC/WEB/0]   - xxx.xxx: 1 object(s).2024-05-14T07:40:06.645243 [APP/PROC/WEB/0]    ERROR - Connector: null   1. I'm creating the object, but I'm not committing it. It has the state: 'autocommitted'. That is fine. Then after a while, the object IS committed and has the state: 'normal'. To me this means that the object should never be turned into the state of 'autocommitted' again, because it already has been successfully committed to the database once? ...Is that correct?   2. Will my problem be solved if I commit the object immediately when I create it? ...Or, can it change to 'autocommitted' again?   3. If Mendix is deleting 'autocommitted' objects that at some point were in the 'normal' state, but changed to 'autocommitted' for whatever reason (personally I think it should not be possible to change them to 'autocommitted' anymore), would that not be very dangerous?   4. Relating to my application, I'm not able to reproduce it, because it happens randomly. Could it have to do with session time out? Is a 'Sign out' action from closing the session any different from a manual Sign out action?   5. Here's another question related to the topic: https://community.mendix.com/link/space/databases/questions/93802
asked
1 answers

Hi Sebastiaan,

Autocommit issues are usually very hard to reproduce, but thusfar i was never able to pinpoint Mendix doing anything wrong here. The root cause is normally that the app is not careful in committing/rolling back everything properly at the required moments. For example when there is an edit-page with a save-button, but also a menu that allows the user to navigate away from the page without pressing the save-button first. Or an edit page where multiple objects are modified at the same time and pressing save forgets to commit every object that was modified. But there are many other ways.

In any case, i would not expect Mendix to delete anything automatically that was properly committed first. If you can reproduce that, i would suggest upgrading to the latest version of Mendix first. And if it still happens there: raise a ticket with Mendix support.

I hope this helps.

Michiel

answered