Auto-completion

I have a text field on the form where a user can enter a string. I have set an on change microflow that takes that string and searches for an specific object with the name(String). If found then I extract some relationships/associations. If not then I inform the user that this 'object' does not exist in the system. The user should be allowed to enter a string that does not represent the name of an existing object hence I cannot use a dropdown. An auto-complete feature would be great. Because if the user spells the name differently to the object's name then it is flagged as not found in system. I know that the app store has tag editor which comes with auto-completion functinality however I have a large number of objects in the system already and do not want to manualy tag each one of them. It would be perfect if the auto-completion would be based on the object's name of an entity.
asked
2 answers

Hi Karol,

From my point of view you can use the search widget (the same widget which is used in appstore itself. You can set attributes to search on and trigger a microflow after selection of one of the auto-complete options. In your microflow you can set the value based on selection in your attribute in the particular form.

answered

that is good information

answered