Button Send Feedback not working in Mini Survey

Hi :)    I created a Mini Survey in my application running in Mendix Cloud. The survey displays correctly on the homepage, I can answer the questions. But then when I click "Send Feedback" button, nothing happens - the survey results are not submitted, I do not see them in App Insights (also after an 1h+). Is there any particular setup that needs to be performed for this button to work? I was following Mendix documentation, but there is nothing mentioned about it...  
asked
2 answers

Hello, Olga Kalinowska

It sounds like there might be an issue with the functionality of the "Send Feedback" button in your Mini Survey. Here are a few steps you could take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Button Configuration: Review the settings and microflow associated with the "Send Feedback" button to ensure it's configured correctly. Make sure it's set up to trigger the submission of survey results upon clicking.

2. Microflow Logic: If there's a microflow connected to the button, double-check its logic to ensure it's properly handling the submission of survey responses. Make sure it's saving the data to the appropriate entity or data storage.

3. Error Handling: Implement error handling in your microflow or button logic to catch any potential issues during submission. This can help identify the root cause of why the results aren't being submitted.

4. Testing Environment: Test the functionality in a local environment if possible to see if the issue persists outside of the Mendix Cloud. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the cloud setup.

5. Reach Out to Support: If you're unable to resolve the issue on your own, consider reaching out to Mendix support for assistance. They may be able to provide further guidance or identify any platform-specific issues causing the problem.

By going through these steps, you should be able to pinpoint the issue with the "Send Feedback" button and get it working properly in your application.

answered

Hi Olga,

Let's debug and find out why the survey is not sending. To do this we need to discover the error being created when you try to submit the survey. 

We can do this in your internet browser.

Open the page where the mini survey is located and let the mini survey to pop-up. 

Step 1: Can you right click anywhere on your page. This will open a menu and then click on the menu item called "inspect".

Step 2: This will open a new window. Now find the section tab called 'Network' and click on it.

Step 3: Now try to answer all survey questions & submit the Mini Survey.

Step 4: Look at the network tab, does it show an error when you try to submit?

answered