Data Grid 2 Place Filter Widget Here

Hi.    I am working with a Data Grid 2. All of the data types for each of my columns are strings. However, only one or two have the text filter, while others just have a box saying Place Filter Widget Here. Why aren't they all populating with text filter fields. Thanks. 
asked
3 answers

Hi Mac,

This might be cause by mendix studio pro version, at least version 10.6.7 which I currently use will auto populate column and filter when selecting data source or generate overview page.

Option 1, you can generate a new overview page of it by confirming the project setting (mine v10.6.7) and copy it to your page.

image.png

Option 2, if you have many complex settings in your datagrid2 already, then you can add the filter manually.

image.png

answered

Hi Marc,

Is it possible that at creating your datagrid2 you selected these two columns(the columns with the filter) and later added the other columns(columns without the filter)? Mendix automatically generates the filter and the columns(and create/edit/delete buttons) at creation, mainly to speed up the process.

Sometimes this is useful sometimes this is not useful.... 

Nonetheless, you can still add or remove the filters yourself.

If you want everything in the same then you can try to add again a datagrid2 and then select all the columns you want if this result is as you please you can delete your old one.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

answered

normally all strings are text filter, whether it is 200 or unlimited

image.png

answered