Working with lists in microflows

Hi All, I have the following scenario: An employee has a FirstName and a LastName. In the UI I need to show a list of employees with there respective FullNames, aka: $Employee/FirstName + ' ' + $Employee/LastName Coming from a dev background I would say that I can add a property like FullName on runtime and render it. Till now I have not been able to do this without adding a field to the Employee entity called FullName. Do you see any other ways because I would rather not persist the FullName?
asked
3 answers

Set Fullname up as a calculated Attribute, using your own formula

Note that the underlying structure of Mendix is rather tolerant concerning data-redundancy, and the calculated attribute is bad(ish) for performance reasons..... so, the better solution is to crate an "on commit" MF to (re)set the Fullname.

answered

This could get you going, without storing the full name: Use a non persistent entity for this, with an attribute for concatenating the name parts and link this to the Employee objects. Then when selecting the non persistent object retrieve the employee.

answered

Alternatively, you could use a Text widget - see screenshot below. This will not work in a datagrid, but should work in all other scenarios:

alt text

answered