An error occurred while reading the Application Model - what to do?

The following error occurs when I try to run the model. What could be the problem? I was busy creating published web services etc, don't know if this could be the problem in any way? An error occurred while reading the Application Model -------- com.mendix.m2ee.api.AdminException: An error occurred while reading the Application Model at com.mendix.core.impl.ProjectModelStoreLoader.initializeModelStore(ProjectModelStoreLoader.java:79) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: An error occurred while reading the model file at C:\Data\Mendix\Master Daywize-main\deployment\model\model.mdp. at com.mendix.modelstorage.ModelLoader.loadModel(ModelLoader.java:43) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: bad string size: 43134389 at org.bson.BSONDecoder$Input.readUTF8String(BSONDecoder.java:357) at org.bson.BSONDecoder.decodeElement(BSONDecoder.java:124) at org.bson.BSONDecoder.decodeElement(BSONDecoder.java:174) at org.bson.BSONDecoder.decodeElement(BSONDecoder.java:164) at org.bson.BSONDecoder.decode(BSONDecoder.java:71) at org.bson.BSONDecoder.decode(BSONDecoder.java:55) at org.bson.BSONDecoder.decode(BSONDecoder.java:42) at com.mendix.modelstorage.ModelLoader.loadModel(ModelLoader.java:36) at com.mendix.core.impl.ProjectModelStoreLoader.readModel(ProjectModelStoreLoader.java:98) at com.mendix.core.impl.ProjectModelStoreLoader.initializeModelStore(ProjectModelStoreLoader.java:74) at com.mendix.core.impl.ProjectModelStoreLoader.load(ProjectModelStoreLoader.java:56) at com.mendix.core.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.start(MxRuntimeImpl.java:278) at com.mendix.core.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.start(MxRuntimeImpl.java:245) at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.actions.StartAction.startRuntime(StartAction.java:50) at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.actions.StartAction.execute(StartAction.java:31) at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.server.handler.HttpAdminHandler.handle(HttpAdminHandler.java:122) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:368) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:942) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1004) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:647) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:628) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
asked
3 answers

The runtime is reading the model coming from the Modeler (.mdp file) and encounters a string that is 43MB large! The maximum of the BSON library that we are using is 32MB.

It seems unlikely that you entered millions of characters yourself. Did you recently change something in the model that could cause this?

answered

Probably best to handle this by submitting a ticket in the Mendix support portal. This is not caused by something you did wrong, but likely a Mendix bug.

answered

So, reversing my adjustment did the trick and I can now run the model again. It seems that setting open a too complex part of our model created this error. I will chop up the operation in smaller bits, hopefully the operation then works.

answered