Add list to list

If I retrieve a list with 'Payments' with a boolean 'true'. Sorted by 'Name'. Payment;Boolean;Name Payment1;true;ALK Payment2;true;BOH Payment3;true;CBI Payment4;true;KLM After this I retrieve a second list for 'Payments' with a boolean 'false'. Sorted by 'Name'. Payment;Boolean;Name Payment8;false;HJB Payment12;false;ZBU If I add the second list to the first list, can I assume that the list will be in the order I put it in and stays like that. Like: Payment1;true;ALK Payment2;true;BOH Payment3;true;CBI Payment4;true;KLM Payment8;false;HJB Payment12;false;ZBU or will the order of the list be messed up? //Edit Renamed Payment names in the second list so that it is clear that all objects in both lists are different objects
asked
3 answers

It appends all of the elements that you're adding to the list at the end of the list, so your assumption is correct, the result will be in the following order:

• Payment1;true;ALK
  • Payment2;true;BOH
  • Payment3;true;CBI
  • Payment4;true;KLM
  • Payment8;false;HJB
  • Payment12;false;ZBU

Note, however, that this order might not be preserved if you save it in a referenceset. I can only guarantee that it'll remain in this order during a microflow.

answered

A list is a set in Mendix so adding the same objects will not help. So unless Payment1 and Payment1 are not the same Object nothing will happen. Furthermore because it is a set i don't think the order will be saved but i am not sure on that one.

answered

I'm sorry for the confusing example. I'll edit it in my starting post.

the Payment column is just a simple string field. So all the objects in both lists are different objects.

answered