Improved reporting

I was wondering whether the team is planning to improve the reporting of mendix. Currently it is for example not possible to have more than one reporting pane in a form (unless tab container is used). I created a few small reports that just count the occurence of certain fields. The grid only supports aggregate functions for numerical data - sometimes it is however desirable to count rows or occurence of a particular enumeration. Reporting widgets such as simple chart also have their limitations - pie charts for enumerations for example use the enumeration values not the caption. And I havent found a way to create a chart based on a association (e.g. have a pie chart showing the percentage of orders completed by employee)
asked
3 answers

Hi Karol,

we faced the same problem and therefore we are now using Jasper iReports. We built a module to connect Mendix to iReports. That opens a lot better reporting possibilities for our customers.

answered

Hi Karol,

I suggest adding feature requests for both associations and enumeration captions for the Simple Chart widgets in the support portal. Note that you can work around associated values by using (virtual) attributes in the object being displayed.

answered

Simple chart 2.0 has been released, it now supports reference(sets). (the enumeration issue was fixed in an earlier version).

answered