DTAP Mode - Compilation Error

Hi Mendix Community, I recently migrated one of my project from Mendix 5 to Mendix 6. I had problems with the Widget compatibility after i converted it. I replaced and changed the widgets that were compatible for Mendix 6. While Compiling the project i encountered the following Error. ** Fixes tried: ** 1. I tried Opening the Project in Eclipse and Changed the DTAPMode to Acceptance,i.e; it was not helpful. 2. The other alternative was to use IsInDevelopment() method to replace The DTAP Mode by casting an object of DTAPMode type. I was unsuccessful here too. Can someone provide me an alternative solution for this fix. Error: Buildfile: C:\Users\mansur.milky\Documents\CBRE V.6-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 240 source files to C:\Users\mansur.milky\Documents\CBRE V.6-main\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\mansur.milky\Documents\CBRE V.6-main\javasource\communitycommons\actions\getDTAPMode.java:33: error: boolean cannot be dereferenced [javac] return DTAPMode.valueOf(Core.getConfiguration(). isInDevelopment().toString()).toString(); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] Note: C:\Users\mansur.milky\Documents\CBRE V.6-main\javasource\com\mendix\core\Core.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. [javac] 1 error BUILD FAILED C:\Users\mansur.milky\Documents\CBRE V.6-main\deployment\build_core.xml:27: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 33 seconds
asked
3 answers

You have an old version of the community commons. Download the latest Mx6 version and you will see that your error is gone, unless you made custom changes to the java action.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

There's more than one thing wrong with the line:

return DTAPMode.valueOf(Core.getConfiguration(). isInDevelopment().toString()).toString();

What are you trying to achieve exactly? The runtime is not able to tell you anymore if it's a D,T,A or P instance. Depending on what you need to know, it's probably best to define your own constant that stores the type of environment.

answered

Did anyone find an answer for this?

I too have updated my communitycommons and changed getDTAPMode() to IsInDevelopment().

answered