Open link from FileDocumentViewer in parent frame

Hello, I was wondering if there is a method to open a link which can be clicked within the FileDocumentViewer widget so that it's directly displayed in the parent frame of Mendix. I'm using the Deep-Link module and want to edit something in a Mendix form. The problem is that a completely new view is opened in the document viewer (including the Mendix menu, etc.). It would be nice if the current parent frame of Mendix could be kept with only updating the view in the DataView frame. Greetings, Michael Walker Edited: I use the FileDocumentViewer to display PDF files. I don't think there is any option to integrate javascript in a PDF document. The document is generated from the Mendix application, should be displayed in the DocumentViewer and other forms should be opened from the PDF document via a deeplink. Is there maybe another way, like for example modifying the DocumentViewer widget?
asked
1 answers

Why do you open the link from within a file document viewer? It will really hurt your performance since every deeplink will trigger the whole application to reload, so i strongly recommend against using deeplinks from within a mendix application.

I advice to find a way to open the form using a microflow (trigger). Maybe using a richtext viewer with microflow links is applicable to your case.

If you have no other option, I think a link with some javascript can do the trick:

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.location='yoururl'">mylink</a>

Might do the trick.

Update

Are you able to specify the target of the link in the PDF? Then you should use '_blank' or '_top'

answered