Starting the runtime failed. MissingBasePath?

Hello dear Mendix-developers, I keep getting the following error about every 10 times I press the button 'Run Locally': "Starting the runtime failed. MissingBasePath" Underneath it says: 'View the console dock for details'. However, the console only reports: Mendix Runtime is now shut down. (Logging disconnected) If I press the button again, the app will run just fine. Anyone who can help me? PS: I am running the Mendix Modeler (version 6.5.0) on Windows 10 using parallels on a Mac. I don't know if that helps.
asked
5 answers

I have also encountered this issue, but not many a times. I used to clean the deployment directory and again start running it locally. It is fine now.

answered

HI Loet, Not a ton to go off of, but I'd double check a few things. First, you might be trying to use a JRE that isn't installed. Double check "Edit->Preferences->JDK Directoy" and make sure the right JDK is installed and in that path. That is most likely your problem. If that is fine, go to "Project->Clean Directory Deployment" and try to run again.

answered

Could it be that you use the Restmodule from the Appstore and did not set a REST basepath? In that case the application refuses to startup as well.

answered

I have also seen this error only not in the amount you experience it. I have it only about once a week. Indeed pressing the button again resolves the problem. No idear what is causing this.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Update: this problem might be caused by difficulties with the path to the java as I am running windows with parallels in coherence mode on my macbook.

answered