Object created when navigating via menu out of form.

From a standard 'New' button I invoke a form. This form is shown as an 'in content' form. When I press the (standard) cancel button, there is no problem, the object will be rolledback. However, when I navigate out of the form by selecting a menu option the object does not get rolledback. Hence, a blank object appears in the datagrid. I've tried to prevent this by adding a validation rule to the entity, but even then the blank object gets created! Do I need to add some clever stuff or am I missing something obvious?
asked
3 answers

Menno,

We have the same issue and filed a feature request for this. Currently we have a scheduled event that cleans up the data for some entities and we make sure that the empty records do not show up in the overview and select forms. This isn't a real solution, but in lack of anything better.... If you have another solution, please let me know.

answered

Good to know it's an known issue. Exactly what you say, it is not a real solution having events cleaning up the place. I just experimented with a validation rule and a before commit event. My theory was: Check on before commit that a required attribute is empty and then do a rollback in the microflow. Because the object is committed and the required attribute stays empty. However, the event never fires!

I'm so currious on how this object can exist in the database, when it seems never get committed in the first place.

answered

It looks to me that the real issue is that selecting a new menu entry is NOT triggering the default Close action of the currently displayed form, which it should do in my opinion.

answered