Size of deployment package has doubled after Mendix upgrade from 4 to 6

Hi, We have upgraded the mendix version for our application from ver 4 to ver 6.5. We observed that the deployment package (build) size varies from 50MB (during ver 4) to 110 MB in ver 6.5 and because of this we are also facing memory issue. Please can you tell me if this is expected during the upgrade or there is something wrong?
asked
3 answers

This is correct: due to layouts, snippets and extra functionality the package is bigger. Consider removing unused and excluded items.

answered

Are there a lot of .jar files in your userlib? I remember that the conversion from 4 to 5 added a lot of jars and not all them are necessary. Can you compare the packages in more detail by unzipping them?

answered

I'm facing the same issue at the moment. Upgraded from 4 to 6.5.1. MDA filesizes went up from 14mb to 115mb!.

Opening the MDA files with 7zip for instance can show you where the big files are. In my case there was a folder called Bundles and had a project.jar file in there of 53mb. Apart from that, it had a folder named sampledata that's 143mb...

Any idea what the project.jar is and how the sampledata got in the mda? I've got a zip file with data that is the same as the sampledata in 2 dirs: A datasnapshot and in the subfolder "documenten".

Would removing any of them decrease the MDA deployment package?

answered