Proxy settings in Mendix modeler

I'm trying to work with the Mendix modeler from behind a firewall. Does anybody know where I can configurate proxy settings, so I can connect to the Mendix Cloud?
asked
4 answers

The Modeler uses the proxy settings that you configure in the Internet Options screen in Windows. You can reach this screen from Internet Explorer (Tools -> Internet Options) or from the Control Panel. Inside the Internet Options screen, go to the Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button to configure your proxy settings.

If your proxy server uses a certificate, you will be prompted by the Modeler (version 2.5.2 and above) upon startup. You can then either accept the certificate for the current Modeler session, or view the certificate to install it permanently into your Windows certificate store.

answered

To work from behind a proxy server or firewall, you have to add the following lines to your modeler.exe.config.

<system.net> <defaultproxy enabled="true" usedefaultcredentials="true"> <bypasslist> <add address="localhost"/> </bypasslist> <proxy usesystemdefault="True" proxyaddress="http://192.168.10.8:8080/" bypassonlocal="False"/> </defaultproxy> </system.net>

answered

The next release of 3.0 will include a fixed config file to solve this proxy problem. It will still use the system-wide proxy settings so be sure to set those. The fix also means that Windows/NTLM authenticated proxy servers are supported.

You can manually fix 3.0.0-beta by adding the following three lines to Modeler.exe.config which is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mendix\3.0.0-beta\modeler (depending on installation location)

<system.net>
  <defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true"/>
</system.net>

Add these lines before the last line so that the last six lines of the file are:

</client>
  </system.serviceModel>
  <system.net>
    <defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true"/>
  </system.net>
</configuration>
answered

What would the modeler.exe.config look like for Mendix 3?

answered