Mendix client and support on Opera mini

Guys, Currently I am working on a proposal for my client, who want a custom-made warehouse management system (WMS) integrated with SAP system. In order to optimise the workflow and operation process, we will use a mobile computer with integrated barcode reader e.g. Intermec (http://www.intermec.com/public-files/product-profiles/en/CN50specweb.pdf) This portable device is running on Windows Mobile 6.1 with IE as a default browser. As we all know that Mendix app will never 100% properly, so I installed Opera mini on that device. With high curiosity I try to open Mendix in the Opera, but it shows constant "Server time-out", while other website can be open on the mobile device and Mendix app can be open from my iPad and laptop. Can the client guru please tell me about how far Mendix support on Opera and Opera mini on mobile device. Or give me some suggestion in order to run Mendix on mobile device. (iPad is not an option of the warehouse enviroment) Thank you very much, Panayu
asked
3 answers

I guess that Mendix applications cannot be loaded through opera mini, since it proxies and compresses every web request. That is nice for websites, but not for Ajax applications.

answered

So you need opera mobile. Like Michel said, Opera mobile sends your page request first to the opera servers and you will get a compressed version of the page back. This will kill all the javascript calls. Opera mobile doesn't compress. So try this one.

Edit: In order to use Mendix you need a capable browser. If there is no one on a mobile platform, you should consider a way of using a tablet or something else. Otherwise you're stuck with crappy mobile browsers.

answered

I have tried Opera mobile, but it stuck at the index.html page. So any other suggestion? :)

answered