Mendix World 2016 Bonus Goodie: Debugger Shortcut Keys

We had an excellent edition of Mendix World on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was great to meet with the people who use our product; thank you for visiting! I want to leave you with one addition to the goodies that you received at Mendix World 2016: shortcut keys for debugger commands. Thanks to Pim and Ronald for reminding me that simple improvements can make a developer's life better. I used the Eclipse keys modified by the Alt key, because the unmodified function keys are already taken and I did not want to introduce the complexity of a separate debug perspective just now. If all goes well, these shortcut keys will be part of the next Mendix 6 release. Note: you will also get this feature if you did not attend Mendix World. Update: Mendix 6.6.0 with debugger shortcut keys has been released. See the release notes for a complete overview of what's new in 6.6.0.
asked
5 answers

HERO :-D thank you very much, looking forward to it!

...ladies and gentlemen: upvote!

answered

Awesome Arjan.. Feel free to keep travelling by train if that means more features like these :-)

answered

I once heard the rumor that these shortcut keys were actually implemented in a very old Mendix version and later removed. Is this true?

Also, how do I get my hands on one of those interesting looking DEV menu items?

answered

Kudo's Arjan for this ultra fast implementation, we told you that this post would receive many upvotes ;) It was really great talking to you all. I can not wait to get my hands dirty with Mx7.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Kudos Arjan, Thanks for sharing

answered