Calendar widget - Global Identifier Empty

I have just installed the calendar widget into a project but when accessing it I get the following error: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'MxAdmin' with session id 'f98effb4-1095-4600-8f48-73139e766007' and roles 'Administrator'] Stack Trace: ava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Global identifier should not be null or empty at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixIdentifier.getGuidFromGlobalIdentifier(MendixIdentifier.java:71) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixIdentifier.<init>(MendixIdentifier.java:54) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.createMendixIdentifier(InternalCore.java:232) at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RetrieveByIdsAction$$anonfun$1.apply(RetrieveByIdsAction.scala:24) at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RetrieveByIdsAction$$anonfun$1.apply(RetrieveByIdsAction.scala:24) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245) at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:742) at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1194) at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72) at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:245) at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.map(Traversable.scala:104) at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RetrieveByIdsAction.execute(RetrieveByIdsAction.scala:24) at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply$mcV$sp(ClientRequestHandler.scala:282) at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:277) at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:277) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(ActionDispatching.scala:144) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(ActionDispatching.scala:146) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:192) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(ActionDispatching.scala:140) at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(ActionDispatching.scala:136) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) Can someone assist with this?
asked
3 answers

Hi,

There's a bug in the calender widget. I had the same error as above mentioned. This error was there as long as I selected a Event title over an association. After I made an after commit flow to get all the info in one entity the error was gone.

Looks like the calender widget can't handle showing a title name over an association.

Regards, Marten

answered

The same problem occured with me after setting up a new local environment. After a number of deployments it was solved, possibly because there is now some data in the database. I would suggest to: 1. add some displayable (for the calendar) data in your database, be sure to have also data in associations of the displayed object 2. clean the deployment directory; 3. deploy a couple of times. Answer maybe not satisfactory, but with me it works most of the times.

answered

I just had this error on a calendar widget as well. 

My solution: Making sure via XPath usage in the Data source tab, that Data for “Title” in EventData was not empty. No more error from this calender.

answered