Characterizing the relation between accounts and contacts

I'm working on a CRM-system, with a 'normal' reference between and account and a contact. I'm looking for a way to characerize these references, I would like to be able to show the 'primary contact' of an account. It would also be nice to assign something like an accountmanager to the accounts (an accountmanager is an employee (=user) in the CRM-system. How would I do this (in a way that will enable me to present the data properly in the user interface)?
asked
1 answers

What you can do is adding the following associations between Contact and Account:

1st association: Contact - Account (1-0, parent = contact, child = account) With this association, an account can have one or more contacts. For example, you can use a nested grid of Contact in your dataview of Account.

2nd association: Account - Contact (1-0, parent = account, child = contact). Rename this association to 'Primary_Contact' and with this association you can select one primary contact to an account. You can use a reference selector, to select the primary contact.

3th association: Account - Employee (derives from System.User), (1-0, parent = account, child = employee). Rename this association to 'Account_Manager', and with this association you can select an employee as Account Manager to you Account. You can use a reference selector, to select the Account Manager.

Hope this will help you!

ps. If you want to add a contact as billing contact you can add the following association:

4th association: Account - Contact (1-0, parent = account, child = contact) Rename this association to 'Billing_Contact' and with this association you can select one billing contact to an account.

answered