Remote debugging offline mobile app

Hi all, I'm trying to debug an offline mobile Mendix app (on an Android device) by connecting my tablet (profile=phone) to my desktop via USB and using the Google remote debugging tools (chrome://inspect). I'm having multiple errors appearing in the Google developer console which I'm trying to solve by making changes to the app in the modeler. For example, I deleted a SimpleChartWidget which was not supported by the offline app. After I solved this error and re-published the mobile app, new errors appear, this time with regards to the use of jQueries, so I have to make changes in the modeler again. I'm going through the following procedure every time I want to test whether I have solved the appearing errors: committing changes transporting to acceptance environment publishing mobile app making changes in the index.html file uploading to Phonegap building and installing app It takes quite a lot of time to follow this procedure every time. My question is whether there is a faster/easier way to check whether errors have been solved and whether new errors appear? Thank you in advance for your help!
asked
3 answers

The simplest improvement that comes to mind is stop publishing to the cloud and develop on your local machine. That should cut your deployment time in half. Obviously you won't have your cloud database, but as most of your problems seem to be custom widget related it doesn't really matter whether the app functions correctly or not, you just want to see if it's crashing and/or throwing console errors.

answered

A lot of your steps can be avoided when using the Mendix Developer App, which is available in the App Store of your mobile platform, see here (and ignore Weinre stuff).

answered

Dexx's suggestion will probably save the most time, but if that isn't enough you can also look into building cordova/phonegap locally. A simple tutorial combined with unpacking the buildpack you get from the publish step in our cloud should get you pretty far.

Note that you only need to rebuild the cordova/phonegap package if you actually change stuff there! If you change anything in your model, you only have to restart or redeploy the model to the cloud.

answered