Cant create a pdf document with production security level.

I can't create a pdf document with production security level. My pdf documents are created very well from the document template when security is turned off. But, when I turn my app security to production, I can't generate any pdf document! What could be the cause of the problem? Any suggestions?
asked
3 answers

Is it a problem with generation or with viewing the PDF file? If production security is truly the only thing you change, then:

• Review the security settings on the entity which stores your generated PDF document;
  • Review the ApplyEntityAccess setting (or EntityAccess of your entities) of microflows you use for PDF generation;

The easiest way to determine where your problem is, is to add a break point after the GenerateDocument action in your microflow, and see if the contents of the FileDocument are set.

answered

In Mendix 5, there was a separate security setting tab called "File Access" which defined security for the entity System.FileDocument. This isn't present in MX6 but perhaps it's related? I had similar problems back then. Check the security for System.FileDoc and its specializations.

answered

This is due to FileDocument permissions as Yudistra suggested. In Mendix 6, nobody has read access to the FileDocument entity directly. Instead, you should create and use a specialization of the FileDocument entity and define your security rules there.

answered