Entered password requires a minimal length

How can I require a minimal length of an entered password?
asked
4 answers

Use a regular expression in the metamodel. IE:

[\S\s]{1,50}

Where 1 is the minimum and 50 the maximum number of characters.

answered

could you give me an example which i could use?

answered

Use a regular expression, in which you use the {n,} quantifier to specify that at least n characters are needed.

Example: the regular expression [a-zA-Z0-9]{6,} specifies that at least 6 letters or digits are needed.

answered

You can make an on change event that calls a java action. Step 1: Go to the properties of the textbox from the Password. Step 2: Create a new Microflow on the On change property. Step 3: Open the new microflow. Step 4: Create an activity in the microflow. Step 5: select type of action to Java action. Step 6: Click--> select. Step 7: Create a new java action. Step 8: Give a String as parameter. Step 9: Make a split for the outcome of the java action in your microflow and determine what to do with that result. Step 10: Open the java action( this can be found in your deployment folder) with notepad. Step 11: I.E. Put the following code in your code between the lines // BEGIN USER CODE and // END USER CODE:

if (input.length >= 10)
            return true;
        else 
            return false;

In this example input represents the password and 10 the minimum length of the password.

I hope this was helpfull for you.

answered