Dynamically open different module pages

Hello I'm currently building a type of app store where each app will be built as a different module. All the details regarding apps are held in one entity including the name of the home page for that app. On the details page for an app it will have a launch button and I want this to button to display the home page for that app. Is this possible/whats the best way/how can I achieve this? I thought i'd be able to use a microflow which retrieved the home page from the apps entity and then used that variable to display the page but this isn't possible using the Show Page function so i'm sure there must be an alternative way. Any help will be appreciated Leon
asked
3 answers

Hi Leon,

Since you know which application you are launching, could you just have the "launch application" button show the homepage for that specific application? I.E. when you're looking at the details for "Application 1" and hit the "Launch Application" button you could have a microflow that shows the "Application 1 Homepage" (the show page would show the unique homepage for application 1, such as ApplicationOne.Homepage, and you would not need an attribute on the details entity that stores the page name). In this method, you would have a unique microflow to launch each application.

answered

Hi Matthew, thanks for coming back to me. The problem the launch pad is a data view so I can't specify each home page for each, it has to figure out what the home page is somehow

I think I could create a microflow which checks if the appid is app01 then call the page for app01 etc. it does mean altering the microflow with the additon of every app but that should be ok

answered

Hi Leon,

Are your modules actual separate MX apps if so why not use the app store's URL redirector to redirect the user to the correct homepage? If it are separate modules in the same MX app with just a dynamic "homepage", you could create a widget that renders a button + gets the input form from your database object passed and open the form with the mx.ui.openForm function. I'm not sure if a form can also be opened using a java action so you can make the open form action dynamically on microflow level.

answered