How to constrain simple chart data based on date/time input from user

I'm using simple chart inside of a data view for Entity A which has a 1 to many relationship with Entity B. I want to show a number of Entity B's in my chart. Each Entity B has a 'timestamp' and a 'value' attribute. At the moment I can correctly constrain the objects in the chart to be only those related to Entity A (by using the %CurrentObject% constraint). However I don't know how to constrain the objects based on the their date, except for choosing a fixed date in the XPath constraint (E.g. lastDay, etc.) Any ideas how I can solve this?
asked
3 answers

If you want to influence all three graphs, you could model it using a separate entity:

1. Generate 24 objects of which each represents a timespan
  2. Show them in a datagrid
  3. Add a listening dataview with the tree graphs, which uses the selected timespan in the constraint. (Or you can calculate your data in the model and attach this to the timespans)
  4. You might need to connect the timespans to your object 'A' to use that in the constraint as well.
answered

You can use the expressions here to create a Date variable of your choosing that can then be used in an Xpath as a constraint.

answered

You can use the date attribute in as a filter.

answered