Reference Selector not Populating my Data

From a Mendix newbie, I have defined 2 entities in my Domain Model. One is named User with attributes Title (string) and Name (string). The second is named Codes_File with attributes Code (Enum) and Description (string). I have built an input page where an administrator can build the Codes_File data by selecting the input (Code = enum, eg Title, Language, etc…) using a reference selector as a dropdown and typing in the Description. This all works perfectly, but when I create an Employee new/edit page and have the reference selector dropdown on the attribute Title in my User entity, it allows me to select the correct Title from the Codes_File, but does not populate my data with this record. How do I correct this? Do I need a microflow of sorts to ensure that this is committed to the database? If so, what and how ..... Thanx
asked
3 answers

Sometimes a picture tells a thousand words... What do you mean by does not populate my data with this record? I assume you have a form with a reference selector on it. When you select the reference it should show you other data of this entity? If so you can use a dataview (over the reference you just selected) and show those other fields. If not I am not grasping what you are trying to do. A picture of the form or your domain model would help.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

I agree with Ronald that it would be helpful to see your domain model and/or form. You can share them easily with ModelShare

What confuses me (but maybe I don't understand your case) is that you want to fill a String attribute (e.g. Title) with a reference selector, associated with another entity with an enumeration attribute.

For the record:

• String attributes are filled using textbox/textarea widgets
  • Enumeration attributes are filled with dropdown widgets
  • Associations are filled with Reference selectors widgets.
answered

Hi Stephan and Ronald,

Thank you for your responses. I have just started teaching myself Mendix and it is currently quite a steep learning curve for me. How do I copy pictures of my domain model and some pages so that "a picture tells a story" and paste this into my reply? I have looked at the model share page but this seems to only cater for microflows?

answered