Error Message creating a new project under Windows Vista

When trying to create a new project under Windows Vista I get the following error: Exception System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: Attempt to write a read-only database attempt to write a readonly database at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteTransaction..ctor(SQLiteConnection connection, Boolean deferredLock) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginTransaction(Boolean deferredLock) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel) at System.Data.Common.DbConnection.BeginTransaction() at Mendix.Utility.Persistence.Database.TransactionDo(Function`1 code) After closing the modeler and running it again with administration privileges there were no errors at all and I was able to create a new project. I was trying to create a new project in my Documents folder to which any application should have permission to write to (I believe). I have UAC enabled on my laptop. Is this a known issue?
asked
2 answers

Maybe this error has the same cause as this case: SQLite error on create new project. Can you try the solutions described there?

By default, Windows Vista blocks write access to the %ProgramFiles% folder for default users. The Modeler needs write access to the folder where the Modeler is installed to create new projects, so you can only create new projects when you have administrator rights.

Disabling UAC may help, but for this case it is better to give yourself write access to the folder where the Modeler is installed.

answered

Yes, it has the same cause. I installed the modeler using administrator privileges (as requested by UAC) into C:\Program Files but normally my account does not have access there. I didn't know that the modeler also needed write permission to System.mpr. For now I will just always run the modeler as an administrator.

answered