Deleting Module Role takes more than 15 minutes without result

In my modeler (2.5.3) I try to delete a module. (this is not the system module!) I'm on the multiuser. At this moment I tried for the second time to delete the module. It took more than 15 minutes and the only thing I see is the progress bar 'deleting module'. After another start up (by use the task manager from windows, end mendix and start up again) the problem is not fixed and the 'delete action' is still running. How can I solve this problem and delete my module?
asked
1 answers

Deleting modules in a multi-developer project is known to be slow. Performance is one of the reasons why we started working on the new version control feature. Anyway, for now you can use one of the following workarounds:

1. Wait longer :-) What is happening is that all objects in all documents in the module are being deleted from the database and this takes a while. It is not hanging, it is just slow.
  2. Export the project to a local file. Do the operation there and upload the project again. This might be faster than doing all the deletes. If you do this, make sure you are the only one working on the project!

We're sorry for the inconvenience and promise you it will be much better in version 3.0.

answered