Currency Conversion Webservice error

I am trying to connect to a simple webservice, however getting an error when trying to connect to it. The webservice will give back a conversion rate from one currency to another, and is located at: http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx?WSDL The stack trace error i'm getting is : An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'Cedric' with roles 'SuperRequester'] com.mendix.core.CoreException: Exception occurred in action 'Microflow [MyFirstModule.UpdateCurrencies]', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.d(SourceFile:553) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Exception occurred in microflow 'MyFirstModule.UpdateCurrencies' for activity 'NestedLoopedMicroflow', all database changes executed by this microflow were rolled back at kP.b(SourceFile:251) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Exception occurred in microflow 'MyFirstModule.UpdateCurrencies.nested.60304' for activity 'Call web service 'ConversionRate'', all database changes executed by this microflow were rolled back at kP.b(SourceFile:251) Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: localname can not be null or empty at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.<init>(OMElementImpl.java:122) at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.<init>(OMElementImpl.java:138) at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.factory.OMLinkedListImplFactory.createOMElement(OMLinkedListImplFactory.java:95) at hv.a(SourceFile:64) at ki.a(SourceFile:32) at lJ.a(SourceFile:170) at lJ.a(SourceFile:69) at com.mendix.modules.webservices.WebserviceModule.callWebservice etc. etc. Does someone have an idea of what this could mean?
asked
1 answers

Hi Erdal,

Can you provide us with some more information on the exact actions you are performing in your microflow? As I tried the following for the mentioned webservice: Created an entity Currencies with overview and new edit forms. Attributes: 2 currency type attributes: From and To 2 string attributes: Fromtype and to type On the edit form added MF-button calling a convert MF. Imported the webservice. Created a MF that calls the webservice using the 2 string attributes as the parameters. From the webservice call I get the conversion rate back as a float. Then in a second action I change the to field by setting it to $Currencies/From*$ConversionRate. This works like a charm. Is this what you tried or did you try something different?

answered