skinning tables

Hi, Is there a way of skinning a mendix table system wide, or do I have to skin each table by using styles and classes within the form? Thanks
asked
3 answers

You can do this by means of changing the theme css. Depending on the class that you are changing your able to override and thereby skin any element that Mendix shows on the screen.

For example to set all table cells to have red (#E01B4C) background us this in your theme css: .tundra .mendixWindow td.mendixFormView_tableData { background-color: #E01B4C; } It's just a question of finding the right class, but that's easy using firebug.

answered

It is easier to style your tables system wide, because you only have to style the already available css classes. So if you want to style your datagrid table:

.mendixDataGrid_gridTable {
  border: 3px solid black;
}

or

.tundra .mendixDataGrid_tableRow .mendixDataGrid_tableData, .tundra .mendixDataGrid_tableRow .mendixDataGrid_tableDataFirst, .tundra .mendixDataGrid_tableRow .mendixDataGrid_tableDataLast {
  background-color: red;
}

If you want to style individual html elements you need to add custom classes to your dataview, datagrid, table cell, label or attribute. This way you can override the default css selectors/classes.

With firebug you can easily identify the css class/selectors and manipulate them in your browsers. When you're satisfied you could apply them in your custom theming.

answered

Thanks that's helped a lot, I haven't used firebug and I was struggling to find the class required. I will download firebug and use this to identify the correct class.

Thanks for your help

answered