Can I upload/download some file (a keypair) without storing this file in Mendix?

Hi Guys, I have 2 questions: [1] Is it possible to upload some file (lets say a keypair) using the mendix-application, where this uploaded file is NOT stored in Mendix but saved in the 3rd party system? [2] Is it possible to download a file (private key) from the Mendix-portal where this is retrieved from the 3rd party system, and this downloaded-file is NOT stored in the Mendix-database? I need this, because keypairs are generated by the 3rd party system, and it is undesirable to store anything about this in Mendix. The connection between Mendix and the 3rd party system is done with Java: the 3rd party system has an API that can be called all communication with this system. Please let me know! Thanks in advance :-) Roberto
asked
3 answers

When uploading/downloading a file using the standard file widget, it will be stored to, or retrieved from a FileDocument object.

You could create a bunch of custom url-handlers in Java, using their own security system, which interact with the main part of the mendix application and the external system, but that sounds like much work to get it right.

(Anyway, why the need to transport a private key? Typically private keys should be generated by/at their owner. When using PKI like a SSL CA, you only transport certificate requests and certificates, not keys. It's a basic idea behind PKI to never have to transfer secret keys.)

answered

What webserver do you use (IIS or Apache)? You can handle that there.

answered

Can I upload/download some file (a keypair) without storing this file in Mendix? Samba

answered