Cannot connect to SQLExpress

Hello, I am trying to connect to an instance of SQLExpress on my local machine but get the following error: The connection to the host PC_NAME, named instance SQLEXPRESS has failed. Error: "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out". Verify the server and instance names, check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434, and for SQL Server 2005 or later verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host. In my Project Setting\Database setup I configured it as: Type : SQL Server 2005 or higher Database name: dbName Use Integrated Security : No Username : user Password : password I have checked all the details that error says I need to ie. port, etc Will someone please advise if I am doing something incorrectly. Thanks, Faizel
asked
3 answers

Our runtime connects to the SQL server database using JDBC. This only works if TCP/IP connections are enabled. Maybe they are not. Look under SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration -> Protocols for SQLEXPRESS-> TCP/IP->Enable.

If this does not help, try using integrated security.

answered

Hello, if you have only one instance. you should set URL = PC_NAME

Thank you :)

answered

Thanks for the answers. It was TCP/IP that was not enabled. Enabled it and it worked.

answered