An unhandled error occurred in the MxRuntime

I don't have a clou where to search for a solution. I have several XML-files which I want to import. They vary in length. Some are only 600 Kb, but the largest is 50 Mb. When I import the files I get this exception: An unhandled error occurred in the MxRuntime. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at lg.b(SourceFile:447) at aQ.b(SourceFile:702) at cJ.a(SourceFile:977) at iu.a(SourceFile:64) at iu.executeAction(SourceFile:20) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:473) at it.b(SourceFile:155) at com.mendix.core.Core.retrieveXPathQuery(SourceFile:819) at iP.a(SourceFile:91) at kM.a(SourceFile:67) at eR.executeAction(SourceFile:96) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:473) at it.b(SourceFile:155) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:167) at is.a(SourceFile:71) at kM.a(SourceFile:67) at eR.executeAction(SourceFile:96) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:473) at it.b(SourceFile:155) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:167) at is.a(SourceFile:71) at kM.a(SourceFile:67) at eR.executeAction(SourceFile:96) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:473) at it.b(SourceFile:155) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:191) at dB.execute(SourceFile:183) at ju.a(SourceFile:299) Does someone know how to prevent this?
asked
4 answers

Maybe using smaller xml files? 50mb is really to large to handle. Do you also get the same error message with the 600kb xml file? And what is your java heap in your project settings or service console?

answered

You'll definitely have to increase your Java heap space if you need to process very large XML files, currently you're running out of memory.

answered

Hi Guys, thanks for the answers. Unfortuantly I cannot decrease the size of this file. But I think this will not happen often. So I try to increase the heapsize. At this moment I doubled it and will test it today to see what the result will be.

answered

Finaly I found a solution which does not involve increasing the heap size. It is not the size of the file causing this problem. Importing is going fine. But after the import in the same MicroFlow (MF), I set associations through some nested MF's. In these MF's I was retrieving to many records. Through the help of the form I was able to limit the number of records which should be retrieved. This solved the problem.

answered