Connect string attribute to drop-down search field

Hello, I have created a data grid and assigned an entity to it. Now I'd like to use a drop-down search field for one of the attributes. This attribute is of type string. For some reason I can only connect boolean or enumeration attributes of the entity to the drop-down search field. However, I can connect string attributes from associated entities to the drop-down search field. What is the reason why I can use the drop-down search only for string attributes of associated entities and not of the grid entity itself?
asked
4 answers

Did you try creating a self relation pointing to yourself and using that association in the drop-down?

answered

Good question, probably because you'd usually want a full search on a string of the grid entity. I don't see any reasons why this isn't possible though. I recommend filing a feature request if you need this (at support.mendix.com)

answered

Maybe you can work around this for the time being by creating a separate entity with one string field that holds your lookup string values. This would have to be a microflow attributes that retrieve these from your original entity. A bit messy ;-)

answered

Thanks for your feedback! I've submitted a feature request.

answered