SMTP Settings

Hi I would like to use the Mendix SMTP server but cannot find the right SMTP settings. Can anybody provide me with the right SMTP settings? Han Pieter
asked
5 answers

In the private (or custom) mendix cloud you should have access to smtp.mendix.nl

The standard cloud (the one you access via the cloud portal) offers localhost, port 25

answered

There is no such thing as the Mendix SMTP server (at least not for public use). If you need to send email, you'll have to get your own SMTP server.

answered

It's easy to use your own GMail account for this, by the way.

smtp.gmail.com

Port = 465

Useful for testing environments. Of course, you might not want to use it in production :)

answered

I anybody using gmail as SMTP server from an application which is deployed in the cloud? I cannot get it to work with the settings provided by Google. When I access my private SMTP server on port 25 it works, but 465 of Google's server is not accepted.

answered

I just issued a support ticket asking for implementation of a way in which we can default different smtp settings for applications in various hosting locations. The user should not have to worry about this for low volume outgoing mail.

Sending mail has always been supported very well, but the settings are difficult to find now.

answered