Mendix 3.0: Great features that you wont find in the marketing slides...

Because I couldn't find a topic about this yet and wanted to compliment you Mendix guys on 3.0: Which are the greatest features in 3.0 that you won't find in the marketing slides? Let me kick-off with one that I just came across and really love because it saves me a recurring irritation which I didn't even considering filing a feature request for: When the number of rows in a datagrid is set to more than 20 (e.g. 50), the grid is shown in the modeler with 20 rows and the remark (30 more rows) in the bottom left of the grid. Perfect, saves me a lot of scrolling and searching in certain forms.
asked
11 answers

Ctrl-G to find and go to an item.

answered

Maybe it is not on the marketing slide but I like the enabling and disabling of breakpoints without restarting.

And having only your own personal breakpoints.

answered

Use Ctrl+Left arrow and Ctrl+Right arrow to move data grid columns, search fields, buttons, tab pages and more in the form editor.

answered

You can exclude documents that are under construction and/or contain errors. Excluded documents are not checked and not deployed. For the rest of the model it is as if the documents do not exist. Look for it in the context menu of a document in the project explorer.

One possible (mis)use of this feature is to draw "processes" in microflows and still deploy!

answered

Being able to Ctrl+Enter to Ok/close any form in the modeler.

answered

The return types is easily configurable by double clicking the end nodes in microflows and selecting the return type in the same dialog alt text

answered

When clicking duplicate that the form is opened automatically for editing instead of you accidently editing the document you began with.

answered

Revert and custom configuration. The latter are very useful for testing

answered

The addition of the Confirmation tab to the Microflow Settings of Microflow buttons - this allows you to easily add a confirmation pop-up before running a microflow from the button

answered

"Insert new above selected" when adding an attribute. Great when you have long (I agree: too long) objects. Again: saves quite some clicks

answered

Give microflow actions a background color. This is useful for complex microflows. I make error handling flows red, for example.

answered