NullPointerException in module DatabaseReplication (oracle db)

Hi, I'm trying to get the DatabaseReplication module to work, but I run into a nullpointer exception. The connection to the database (oracle) succeeds and the database has been synced. I have created a tablemapping using only one object with one attribute. The next step is to create an import call, I have selected the mapping and left the other fields (Constraint dependency, Data object 1, Data object 2) empty. Also no custom constraints were added. Trying the microflow button (I presume to run the import call) returns error. Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? Stacktrace of the error: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Exception occurred in action 'Microflow [DatabaseReplication.IVKImportByImportCallConfig]', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.d(SourceFile:551) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Exception occurred in microflow 'DatabaseReplication.IVKImportByImportCallConfig' for activity 'Call 'ImportByImportCall'', all database changes executed by this microflow were rolled back at mq.b(SourceFile:254) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: java.lang.NullPointerException at hb.b(SourceFile:167) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at replication.ReplicationSettings.removeUnusedObjects(ReplicationSettings.java:349) at databasereplication.actions.ImportByMapping.InitialiseImport(ImportByMapping.java:299) at databasereplication.actions.ImportByMapping.importFromDatabaseWithImportCall(ImportByMapping.java:128) at databasereplication.actions.ImportByImportCall.executeAction(ImportByImportCall.java:53) at databasereplication.actions.ImportByImportCall.executeAction(ImportByImportCall.java:23) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:471) at hb.b(SourceFile:155) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:193) at le.a(SourceFile:70) at mq.a(SourceFile:69) at mp.executeAction(SourceFile:93) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:471) at hb.b(SourceFile:155) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:193) at fU.execute(SourceFile:183) at iy.a(SourceFile:300) at iy.a(SourceFile:231) at iy.processRequest(SourceFile:175) at iB.a(SourceFile:71) at com.mendix.core.MxRuntime.processRequest(SourceFile:840) at com.mendix.m2ee.server.handler.RuntimeHandler.handle(RuntimeHandler.java:43) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1007) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:462) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
asked
1 answers

Hi Arjan, this is a known issue in the module. I had the same problem, it might be fixed in the current appstore version.

A new version of the db replication is almost tested ready to be released.

In the new version you will either get a readable exception which explains the configuration error or simply just works.

Edit: the new version is released in the appstore

answered