LDAP filter users

Hi, My customer duplicated the application roles in AD to map AD users and their application roles easily. In AD all users are located in OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyCustomer,DC=local The groups that represent the application roles are in OU=MyApplication,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyCustomer,DC=local When I browse AD/LDAP (with the LDAP module) and look for the role TechnicalConsultant, I see CN=TechnicalConsultant,OU=MyApplication,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyCustomer,DC=local I expect to see OU=TechnicalConsultant and not CN=TechnicalConsultant. When I use just this directory in the module's configuration it does not find users. When I use these two OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyCustomer,DC=local CN=TechnicalConsultant,OU=MyApplication,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyCustomer,DC=local it finds all companies users and those who are assigned to the TechnicalConsultant group in AD are mapped to the right role in my application. But this results in a situation where all users are in my application and just a few have a role assigned. My questions: 1. It does not find users at the group level and I have to add the SBSUsers directory. Is this as expected? I expected to find users at the TechnicalConsultant directory. 2. Can I filter unmatched users so they do not appear in my application? The company is not a huge enterprise so the amount of data is not overwhelming and the sync finishes in 7 seconds, but some filtering is desired. Regards, Paul
asked
1 answers

Hi Paul,

The module has currently no filtering options.

answered