Java function of module not compiling well

I am using version 3.1 and downloaded the google maps module in order to use the java function which does the geocoding. I moved the function to my module by drag and drop. I changed the settings of the java function and an error is drawn durig compilation : it could be though, because of version difference between app store and modeler, this error occurs? Buildfile: D:\Werk\Mendix\Incorporate_3rdparty-main\deployment\build.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 1 source file to D:\Werk\Mendix\Incorporate3rdparty-main\deployment\model\lib\bin [javac] D:\Werk\Mendix\Incorporate3rdparty-main\javasource\incorporate3rdparty\actions\CalculateGeo.java:41: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : variable GeoCoder [javac] location: class incorporate3rdparty.actions.CalculateGeo [javac] loc = GeoCoder.getLocation(addressString); [javac] ^ [javac] D:\Werk\Mendix\Incorporate3rdparty-main\javasource\incorporate3rdparty\actions\CalculateGeo.java:46: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : method setLongitude(java.lang.Double) [javac] location: class incorporate_3rdparty.proxies.Ritdetail [javac] locationObj.setLongitude(loc.lon); [javac] ^ [javac] 2 errors BUILD FAILED D:\Werk\Mendix\Incorporate_3rdparty-main\deployment\build.xml:74: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 1 second
asked
1 answers

Code is not supposed to be moved from its original location. It has often relations with other resources in the module.

If you do this, then use a IDE (Eclipse) to perform this kind of code refactorings and make sure you understand enough about java to understand its errors. Note that the code will be reverted in its original location anyway each time you update the module.

answered