Error: Compilation of Java actions failed

Hi, I hava tried to update my project from modeler version 2.5.5.1 to 3.2. But when compling I got the error: "compilation of java actions failed". So I restored my previous version of the application and tried to run it. Again I got this error, but the application is running. However I will not be able to use the java-actions. The application generates this report when running: "Buildfile: C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LD_FPA\deployment\build.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 123 source files to C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\deployment\model\lib\bin [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\system\actions\ActivateLicenseJava.java:13: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class UserLimitation [javac] location: package system.proxies [javac] import system.proxies.UserLimitation; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\system\actions\ActivateLicenseJava.java:23: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class LicenseInformation [javac] location: package system.proxies [javac] private system.proxies.LicenseInformation licenseInformation; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\system\actions\ResetLicenseJava.java:22: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class LicenseInformation [javac] location: package system.proxies [javac] private system.proxies.LicenseInformation licenseInformation; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\system\actions\ActivateLicenseJava.java:34: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class LicenseInformation [javac] location: package system.proxies [javac] this.licenseInformation = _licenseInformation == null ? null : system.proxies.LicenseInformation.initialize(this.getContext(), _licenseInformation); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\system\actions\ActivateLicenseJava.java:37: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : variable UserLimitation [javac] location: class system.actions.ActivateLicenseJava [javac] addRefreshClass(UserLimitation.getType()); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\system\actions\ResetLicenseJava.java:33: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class LicenseInformation [javac] location: package system.proxies [javac] this.licenseInformation = _licenseInformation == null ? null : system.proxies.LicenseInformation.initialize(this.getContext(), _licenseInformation); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LDFPA\javasource\mxmodelreflection\metamodelBuilder\MetaObjectBuilder.java uses or overrides a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] 6 errors BUILD FAILED C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LD_FPA\deployment\build.xml:72: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 5 seconds" I have to say prior to updating to version 3.2 of mendix I also updated my java JDK to 6.31, but now I'm back to version 27, but without any luck. Still got errors. Any suggestion what to do?
asked
2 answers

Seems weird, does your System module contain an entity named UserLimitation as it should? If it does I'd try to just delete the javasource/system folder so all the files will be regenerated.

answered

Hi Bas, thanks for the reply. Meanwhile I have tried the to update to version 3.2. I created a mpk-packages which I imported into the new modeler version. Unfortunately when try to compile I did get an other Java-error.

"Buildfile: C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LD_FPA 3.2\deployment\build.xml

compile: [javac] Compiling 26 source files to C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LD_FPA 3.2\deployment\model\lib\bin

BUILD FAILED C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LD_FPA 3.2\deployment\build.xml:74: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 3 seconds

[javac] C:\Users\Stephan\Documents\My Projects\LD_FPA 3.2\javasource\mxmodelreflection\metamodelBuilder\MetaObjectBuilder.java:71: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol  : method initialize(com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.IMendixObject)
[javac] location: class system.proxies.Language
[javac]             this.languageCodes.add(Language.initialize(language).getCode(context));
[javac]                                            ^
[javac] 1 error"

And I also got the older version back to work. But my actual goal is to update to modeler version 3.2. So any thoughts on how to get this to work is appreciated.

answered