DB connection from Java action

Hello, How can I get db connection reference from java action, or I have to manually connect to the DB using DB URL, and credential? Thanks
asked
3 answers

First, import the database replication module from the appstore (MxModelReflection is required first) into your project. Then, specify a Java action with a DatabaseReplication.Database as one of the input parameters, I have a String Query as the second parameter. Then, in Java i used the following to get a connection:

// BEGIN USER CODE

ObjectBaseDBSettings dbSettings = new ObjectBaseDBSettings( this.getContext(), this.DatabaseParameter1.getMendixObject() );

DBReplicationSettings settings = new DBReplicationSettings(this.getContext(), dbSettings, Table.getType(), null);

Statement statement = (new DatabaseConnector( settings.getDbSettings(), settings.getLanguage(), settings.getErrorHandler())).connect( );

statement.executeQuery( Query );

// Use this if the RS is interesting for you
//ResultSet rs = statement.executeQuery( Query );

return true;

// END USER CODE

Make sure you set the correct imports. Mine look like this:

import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction; import com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.IMendixObject; import java.sql.Connection; import java.sql.DriverManager; import java.sql.Statement; import java.sql.ResultSet; import java.sql.Types; import oracle.jdbc.OracleTypes; import replication.MessageOptions.Language; import databasereplication.implementation.DBReplicationSettings; import databasereplication.implementation.DatabaseConnector; import databasereplication.implementation.ObjectBaseDBSettings; import databasereplication.proxies.Database; import databasereplication.proxies.Table;

Before using the Java action, make sure you have a Database connection set up from the application and pass the Database connection information to the Java action.

Hope this helps, good luck!

answered

See the java action of the database replication (appstore) for a sample.

answered

This is outdated info, but still seems to come up sometimes. Better ways to achieve this are documented here: https://docs.mendix.com/howto/extensibility/howto-datastorage-api/

answered