How do you correctly implement a Java library in your Project?

I'm having trouble with the iCalendar module in one of my projects. To have it working right, i need to: Import the 'CommunityCommons' module --> Done Use the TimePicker widget --> Done Implement the iCal4j library --> How? I have the iCal4j library on my computer and copied everything into "C:\Mendix Deployments\Project\userlib" but I still get an error message that states: "Could not initialize class net.fortuna.ical4j.model.CalendarDateFormatFactory". I've checked the .jar files, and the "CalendarDateFormatFactory.class" file is present in the library. Do I have to change some settings within the modeller to have a java library work properly?
asked
4 answers

Yes I have all these files in my in the userlib directory.. Thanks!

answered

This is the complete error. Unfortunately I can't understand java code:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.fortuna.ical4j.model.CalendarDateFormatFactory at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83) at gy.a(SourceFile:86) at gy.execute(SourceFile:66) at iW.a(SourceFile:285) at ja$g.a(SourceFile:126) at ja$g$a.a(SourceFile:118) at ja$g$a.apply(SourceFile:116) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at ja$g.apply(SourceFile:112) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.fortuna.ical4j.model.CalendarDateFormatFactory at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.Iso8601.<init>(Iso8601.java:76) at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.Date.<init>(Date.java:128) at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.DateTime.<init>(DateTime.java:236) at icalendarmodule.actions.AppointmentSendNotification.createCalendar(AppointmentSendNotification.java:197) at icalendarmodule.actions.AppointmentSendNotification.executeAction(AppointmentSendNotification.java:97) at icalendarmodule.actions.AppointmentSendNotification.executeAction(AppointmentSendNotification.java:56) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:182) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:219) at lg.a(SourceFile:70) at mf.a(SourceFile:73) at me.executeAction(SourceFile:101) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:182) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:196) at lh.a(SourceFile:71) at mf.a(SourceFile:73) at me.executeAction(SourceFile:101) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:182) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:196) at lL.a(SourceFile:66) at mf.a(SourceFile:73) at me.executeAction(SourceFile:101) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

answered

I use the iCal widget rather than the module, but in my userlib directory I have the following jar files obviously used by this widget:

ical4j-1.0.3.jar
ical4j-connector-0.9.3.jar
ical4j-vcard-0.9.5.jar
ical4j-zoneinfo-outlook-1.0.2.jar 

I also have these files with the same datestamp, so they may also be part of this widget:

jta-1.1.jar
quartz-1.8.4.jar
slf4j-api-1.6.4.jar
backport-util-concurrent-3.1.jar

Do you have all these files?

answered

Hi Rochus,

Did an answer come up? I have the same issue ...

Thanks. Toon

answered