Error in Modeller 4.1.0

I'm a complete noob when it comes to JAVA. I have a question regarding an error message I get when I try to update the team server. I've created a project in Modeller 4.0.1 and went to 4.1.0. When I tried to deploy I got an error regarding a problem with compiling the JAVA actions. I've had that before, so I updated my CommunityCommons module, which seems to work: I can deploy my project for local testing. But now, whenever I try to update the project to the teamserver I get an error: "An error occurred while handling changes on disk". Details are: SharpSvn.SvnWorkingCopyException: Can't add 'C:\Users\RSM\Documents\Van Zand tot Klant-mainline\javasource\communitycommons\' to a parent directory scheduled for deletion at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets) in g:\dist\src\sharpsvn\svnclientargs.cpp:line 78 at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, svnerrort* error, Object targets) in g:\dist\src\sharpsvn\svnclientargs.cpp:line 42 at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Add(String path, SvnAddArgs args) in g:\dist\src\sharpsvn\commands\add.cpp:line 62 at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Add(String path, SvnDepth depth) in g:\dist\src\sharpsvn\commands\add.cpp:line 41 at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevCommitter.<>cDisplayClass29.<dofilemanagement>b25(SvnClient c) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\build\Mendix-4\modeler\Modeler\VersionControl\RevCommitter.cs:line 293 at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnUtil.ClientDoT in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\build\Mendix-4\modeler\Modeler\VersionControl\SvnUtil.cs:line 90 at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevCommitter.DoFileManagement(CommitState state) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\build\Mendix-4\modeler\Modeler\VersionControl\RevCommitter.cs:line 293 I look at this error and I think it has got to do with my CommunityCommons update. But the exact problem I can't distill from this. Can anyone help me out?
2 answers

It appears that the Modeler is trying to add a file to a directory that is 'scheduled for deletion', i.e. still exists on disk, but will be deleted in the next commit. I'm not sure how this happened, but it could have something to do with updating the CommunityCommons module.

The Modeler should handle this better (I'll put this on our to-do list), but for now you can fix it in one of two ways:

  1. Delete the project directory on disk and do a fresh download from the Team Server. Please note that when doing this, you will lose all local changes that you made since the last time you committed.

  2. To fix the existing project directory without deleting it, you could try the following steps:

    • Delete the directory 'C:\Users\RSM\Documents\Van Zand tot Klant-mainline\javasource\communitycommons'.
    • Commit to the Team Server.
    • Import the CommunityCommons module again. This will restore all Java files that come with that module.
    • Commit to the Team Server again.

Now the new CommunityCommons module with all included Java files should be in the Team Server.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.


Great answer, it worked for me!