What do these error messages in the logfile mean ?

I see the error messages below in my log file. I am trying to find the cause of this error. How should I interpret the the lines with SourceFile:xxx lines; what does gr.a, iI.a, iL.a mean ? I understand the object of CompanyLookup.Lookup cannot be found, but can the SourceFile:xxx lines somehow help me to locate in which of the microflows the error occurs ? 2012-09-06 15:42:15.004 WARNING - Core: Object with the following id couldn't be retrieved: '[MendixIdentifier:: guid=281814279130126 objectType=CompanyLookup.Lookup objectTypeHash=79 dataStoreCode=1 objectStoreId=3086]' 2012-09-06 15:42:15.004 ERROR - Connector: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'a208087' with roles 'Cargill_Analyst'] 2012-09-06 15:42:15.004 ERROR - Connector: 657337387 at gr.a(SourceFile:202) at gr.a(SourceFile:173) at gr.execute(SourceFile:147) at iI.a(SourceFile:311) at iI.a(SourceFile:240) at iI.processRequest(SourceFile:179) at iL.a(SourceFile:71) at com.mendix.core.MxRuntime.processRequest(SourceFile:856) at com.mendix.m2ee.server.handler.RuntimeHandler.handle(RuntimeHandler.java:43) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1007) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:462) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
asked
1 answers

The gr.a, iI.a, iL.a are obfuscated internal mendix java class and method names, so just skip them. Most information is in the error message. Stack is harder to read.

I should recommend adding and Error Handler microflow to the actions that retrieve the lookup object. This kind of error may happen when the object is in memory but not (yet) commited to disk or reverse. Read the documentation about the difference between retrieving in memory and from database and assocations. Other option is to check the security, but that will often lead to end-user security error messages.

answered