Recording Audio in Mendix (Mobile)

Does anyone have an idea how one would capture audio from a mobile device using Mendix? Doing it for web, I would think you could use a combination of javascript and flash, but this will not work for mobile. Would phonegap be the way to go here or is HTML5 already capable of this? Any feedback would be great, thx!
asked
4 answers

I think phonegap is your only chance, because you can't use your mobile features like audio recording in your browser.

answered

Im also attempting to ue the phone gap audio recorder plugin, however it seems to be slightly glitchy. Also once the recoding is made i cant find a way to replay audio in mendix native app. The video audio players all seem to need a youtube or vimeo URL, i am trying to save the recording in a .fileDocument object annd play back from the DB.

answered

I would expect the Phonegap Media object is what you need.

I would be interested to hear about your experiences. I'm finishing up on mobile widgets for camera and geoposition. I use these in combination with phonegap / cordova.

answered

HTML 5 has defined Media Capture and some mobile browser have implemented parts. See this. This is experimental and not yet fully standardized.

answered