Switch team server/svn depo

Hello, I have a team server project that I have been working on (project A). I have another team server project that has an empty project inside (project B). I tried exporting project A to a local project, and uploading to team server but it fails as there is already a project there. I want to switch project A to look at project B (as in, I want to commit what is in project A to the project B depo). Is this possible or am I going to have to spend ages messing around exporting modules? Cheers
asked
1 answers

In principle we do not support 'overwriting' an existing Team Server repository with the contents of another project. This can lead to all kinds of trouble with existing checkouts, branches, etc. That is why the Modeler does not offer such a feature.

However, if the repository of project B is currently not used and you just wish to replace its contents by project A, here's what you can do to clean it by hand:

1. Install TortoiseSVN.
  2. In Windows Explorer, right-click an existing checkout of project B and select 'TortoiseSVN' > 'Repo-browser'. You can use your MxID credentials as user name and password.
  3. Using the Repository Browser, navigate to the 'trunk' directory and delete all its contents. Note: do not delete the 'trunk' directory itself.
  4. Repeat step 3 for the 'branches' and 'tags' directories. Delete their contents, but leave the directories themselves intact.

You just deleted the existing contents of the repository of project B. Now you can upload the local project A to the project B repository and continue working using project B.

answered