upgraded to 421 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Hi, We recently upgraded to 421 from 253 and during testing (local dev deployments) we, quite frequently, get the following errors: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1939) at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1904) at eG.a(SourceFile:45) at eF.a(SourceFile:173) at eF.d_(SourceFile:252) at em.a(SourceFile:1296) at em.a(SourceFile:1307) at eo.a(SourceFile:1067) at eo.a(SourceFile:940) at eo.c(SourceFile:455) at eo.a(SourceFile:184) at eo.a(SourceFile:110) at eo.a(SourceFile:74) at em.B(SourceFile:1002) at em.v(SourceFile:247) at em.a(SourceFile:143) at dA.b(SourceFile:114) at dA.a(SourceFile:84) at dE.a(SourceFile:68) at x.a(SourceFile:43) at h.a(SourceFile:269) at hy.a(SourceFile:31) at hn.a(SourceFile:18) at hn.a(SourceFile:36) at hn.h(SourceFile:30) at hn.executeAction(SourceFile:18) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:183) at com.mendix.core.Core.retrieveId(SourceFile:972) at hm.a(SourceFile:40) at hm.a(SourceFile:29) In 253 we never encountered these errors. Most of the time these errors seem to be combined with application buttons (e.g. a Cancel button containing a MF) not responding to clicks. Since the issue does not happen all the time, the buttons are sometimes responding and sometimes not. The GC error is not displayed in all cases. During a recent test case I noticed that when I use a lot of drop down boxes on a form each containing a lot of values allows me to reproduce the issue. My main questions: - are there known issue in 421 with java garbage collection? - are there 421 specific java settings that we need to adjust in order to prevent issues like this? Kind regards, Brian
asked
0 answers